How bad did I mess up?

Started by 7576
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

7576

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
Just got COMLEX and USMLE scores posted for 2.
1 went pretty well, I got 566 and 226.
for 2 COMLEX was 475, and USMLE (I just opened now and can't breathe) failed with a 205.
I only applied ACGME and applied very broadly (43 programs all over the place)
My questions-
Do I need to run and put in applications for AOA?
Do I need to retake the USMLE step 2 if I end up at an ACGME residency?
Do I stand a change at any of the decent ACGME peds programs?
Overall- how bad did I mess up my future?
My plan is to go into a fellowship in H/O after so I'm worried that I wont get into a program that can lead me to that.
Thanks!
 
Your best shot at this point is probably going to be not re-sending your USMLE scores pre-match; no matter how much better you do on your step 2 re-take, I have to imagine that no score is better than one fail and one pass, assuming that things haven't changed recently and a step 2 prior to the match is only "suggested" or "recommended" at a majority of places. Your 226 is fine for most ACGME programs.

I think you probably won't need to re-take step 2 if you wind up ACGME, but I'd double check with your dean.