How bad is it if I change my MCAT to October? I've already submitted my app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDreams

Attending Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have already submitted my app and I am due to take the MCAT on 9/18. I just don't feel ready for it, and was wondering how/what my chances would be of getting in if I took it in October on 10/21. 3.35cGPA and 3.48sGPA.

I know no one ever feels ready for it, but I just don't feel comfortable with torque and fluids. That is about it, Oh and verbal.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I have already submitted my app and I am due to take the MCAT on 9/18. I just don't feel ready for it, and was wondering how/what my chances would be of getting in if I took it in October on 10/21. 3.35cGPA and 3.48sGPA.

I know no one ever feels ready for it, but I just don't feel comfortable with torque and fluids. That is about it, Oh and verbal.
What have you been scoring on your practice tests?

I got a 29 on aamc 3 and then I had a really bad day for aamc 4 and got a 23. I was planning on taking 5 tomorrow or the day after because I'm almost finished re reviewing and working problems in my weak areas. First time I got a 10 ps 10 vr and 9 bs. Just because of organic. My biggest weakness is organic. But like I said for aamc 4 I was really off and trying new things. In tbr I'm doing 65 to 70% some sections 90%

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 29 on aamc 3 and then I had a really bad day for aamc 4 and got a 23. I was planning on taking 5 tomorrow or the day after because I'm almost finished re reviewing and working problems in my weak areas. First time I got a 10 ps 10 vr and 9 bs. Just because of organic. My biggest weakness is organic. But like I said for aamc 4 I was really off and trying new things. In tbr I'm doing 65 to 70% some sections 90%
I suggest taking the test when you average ~27+ on your practice tests. Study organic because its the easiest topic you can improve on, and you don't want to let organic affect your scores negatively. I suggest chad's videos and doing EK1001 organic.

If you take it on 10/21, you would receive your score ~11/21, which is definitely not early...but @Goro did say that december was not TOO bad so maybe he can give you some insight on this. I suggest pre-writing your secondary essays if you can. But don't take your MCAT if you aren't ready.

Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
100% concur. If your scores are in by Dec at my school, then you're looking at a late Jan interview, by which time there are still seats left, not merely a spot on the wait list. By March we start rationing seats. Pay careful attention to what kabead wrote, in bolded red.

I suggest taking the test when you average ~27+ on your practice tests. Study organic because its the easiest topic you can improve on, and you don't want to let organic affect your scores negatively. I suggest chad's videos and doing EK1001 organic.

If you take it on 10/21, you would receive your score ~11/21, which is definitely not early...but @Goro did say that december was not TOO bad so maybe he can give you some insight on this. I suggest pre-writing your secondary essays if you can.
But don't take your MCAT if you aren't ready.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys. I appreciate it. I will only take it when I'm ready. With my stats what score would deem a retake for me?