Is it too late (mid-October) to apply to DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed1726

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I tested on 9/10 and scored not too great (501) on the MCAT. My other stats are as follows 3.82 overall, 3.72 science. NJ resident. I have over 500 service hours, about 500 clinical hours shadowing, 500 research hours, and one publication. Letters of rec are on the strong side and I also have a committee letter.

Was a little discouraged by my MCAT score release today, and I'm wondering if I have a chance of admission if I apply to DO schools in the next week. Also, any thoughts on where to apply are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
 
You are not late for a DO application and I suggest these schools with your stats:
ROWANCOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
NYIT-AR
CUSOM
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
LMU-DCOM
 
Hey everyone, I tested on 9/10 and scored not too great (501) on the MCAT. My other stats are as follows 3.82 overall, 3.72 science. NJ resident. I have over 500 service hours, about 500 clinical hours shadowing, 500 research hours, and one publication. Letters of rec are on the strong side and I also have a committee letter.

Was a little discouraged by my MCAT score release today, and I'm wondering if I have a chance of admission if I apply to DO schools in the next week. Also, any thoughts on where to apply are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Nope, not at all. I agree with the wise Faha 's list except can't recommend LMU.