How can I Work Overseas as a Pharmacist (US PharmD)?

Started by Farma10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Farma10

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First off, I know this topic has been talked about on SDN before but I want to see if anyone has any new ideas or insight on this topic. These are the possibilities I am currently aware of:

1. Enlist in the military and *possibly* get stationed overseas as a pharmacist
2. Work as a Civilian Pharmacist in the Military - possibly better option because you can pick where you go (or at least that's how I understand it)
- I would really like more information on this option because it seems to be the best one for me
3. Transfer your license to another country - probably requiring additional coursework and usually getting paid a lot less
- What about the Middle East though? Are the rumors about Saudi Arabia/UAE etc. true? Are they really looking for US Pharmacists?

So what do you think? What do you know about these options or other ones?

Spain would be my country of choice but I would be fine with almost anywhere in Europe.

Help!!

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Singapore pharmacy is the way to go baby!

Are you sure? I have a friend over there that hates it. Says the pay is low and you get treated like **** from the doctors who think you're their bitch. A pharmD outside of the usa is nonexistent, pharmacy isnt a doctorate level outside of usa/canada so they think you're an equivalent of a regular college grad. Taking crap from singaporean doctors? I dont know, maybe he's the only case. Im open to hear from others with experience in this.
 
Are you sure? I have a friend over there that hates it. Says the pay is low and you get treated like **** from the doctors who think you're their bitch. A pharmD outside of the usa is nonexistent, pharmacy isnt a doctorate level outside of usa/canada so they think you're an equivalent of a regular college grad. Taking crap from singaporean doctors? I dont know, maybe he's the only case. Im open to hear from others with experience in this.
Pharmacy is a doctorate degree in some European countries like in France and many others...
 
i've also pondered the military option.. was conflicted between that & community retail but ultimately the latter won.

..still, who knows what the future holds 😀
 
Pharmacy is a doctorate degree in some European countries like in France and many others...

But the number of BPharm degrees in Asia is higher. Not saying PharmD's are not becoming the standard in the rest of the world, but for the most part, it's not as "quick" as it was in the US.