How difficult is it to learn OMM as an allopathic student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oopnoyoo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone know how hard it is for an allopathic student or graduate to learn OMM at an osteopathic school? I've heard of some osteo schools allowing allo students to attend classes at their campuses. I'm asking because I am a CA resident, want to become a DO, want to stay in CA, but also want to pay the least amount for tuition. Since the 2 CA osteopathic schools are private, tuition is the same (expensive) for IS & OOS. Although my stats are not spectacular, I feel I have an almost decent chance at getting into an allopathic CA school (probably not, though), but still want to learn OMM/DO philosophy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Anyone know how hard it is for an allopathic student or graduate to learn OMM at an osteopathic school? I've heard of some osteo schools allowing allo students to attend classes at their campuses. I'm asking because I am a CA resident, want to become a DO, want to stay in CA, but also want to pay the least amount for tuition. Since the 2 CA osteopathic schools are private, tuition is the same (expensive) for IS & OOS. Although my stats are not spectacular, I feel I have an almost decent chance at getting into an allopathic CA school (probably not, though), but still want to learn OMM/DO philosophy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to learn OMM and the osteopathic philosophy then go DO. California has a great DO school.

Yea, that's why I disregarded his reply.

Now that I think about it, though, the ship to a public allopathic CA school has probably sailed. I might have had a chance if I submitted my application back in June, but now I don't have that "apply early" factor to rely on. Plus osteo schools probably wouldn't let me attend classes for free, so it might even end up costing the same unless the schools have some sort of collaboration program going. I'm still curious, though, so if anyone knows, please share. Thanks!!