How do adcoms view more than 4 yrs to graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yhorm the Giant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do admissions committee members see your transcripts when you have been in school for more than four years. The breakdown I have seen looks like it shows a freshman a sophomore a junior and a senior year for gpa. I have 7 years of school or 14 semesters and I was just wondering will the bulk of it show up in my freshman year or will it just look like that a really long senior year? Just when they are looking at it at a glance, or will it show multiple senior years separately? Just curious how my grade trends will look.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

How do admissions committee members see your transcripts when you have been in school for more than four years. The breakdown I have seen looks like it shows a freshman a sophomore a junior and a senior year for gpa. I have 7 years of school or 14 semesters and I was just wondering will the bulk of it show up in my freshman year or will it just look like that a really long senior year? Just when they are looking at it at a glance, or will it show multiple senior years separately? Just curious how my grade trends will look.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
It's a common pre-med delusion that Adcoms want you to finish everything in four years. We understand that Life happens.

That said, we'd want to understand why it took you so long. You don't get to parse out med school, or take it part time.

What Goro said

Don't worry so much about it. I know a lot of guys who've taken more than 4 years to graduate. They'll probably want a quick reason why but in my experience they're probably not gonna put it under a microscope.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took 6 years to graduated, nothing was asked during my interview

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody gives a **** how long it takes you. You do you. Have a strong application and life experience.