How do bullet points and line breaks/carriage returns entered on ERAS appear on the Program Director's WorkStation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDScribe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love some specific guidance on how the information entered on ERAS appears to residency PD's. For example, how do bullet points and line breaks appear once the application is submitted? When I did a test and clicked View/Print MyERAS Application, the dummy text displayed very nicely. But if on the other side of things, line breaks and bullet points get removed, then things might look crazy.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 6.36.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 6.36.40 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

When you submit it will give you a preview. You can click submit and then back out from the preview to see what it looks like on the other end.

I would also like the answer to this question. What you get in certify/submit preview verses what you get in view/print application is so different if you used bullet points or dashes

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also interested in the answer to this question

I would also like the answer to this question. What you get in certify/submit preview verses what you get in view/print application is so different if you used bullet points or dashes

Yes! I noticed that too with bullet points. On the certify preview, everything was messed up with bullet points. However, with the eras and CV print preview, everything was fine. Despite noticing this, I still submitted with bullets. Lol

Yes! I noticed that too with bullet points. On the certify preview, everything was messed up with bullet points. However, with the eras and CV print preview, everything was fine. Despite noticing this, I still submitted with bullets. Lol
same

It says they can download either the view my eras or the view my CV, whatever they prefer