Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How do/did you set up your allowed graph paper

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Endeross, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Endeross

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So I've been trying multiple things, I know we get 2 pages of laminated graph paper and have at least 2 necessities: I draw in 15 4x4 ticktacktoes for hole punching, and a few cube counting sections where I number 0 to 5

Ive not yet tried the numbering of paragraphs for the reading comprehension and making small notes for each as well as I read of some people numbering 1-50 for comprehension questions and putting keywords from the questions next to them

Is there anything else that people do that might help me? I plan to set it up during the 15m tutorial of course but any other strategies to help organize or keep track of things I'd highly appreciate

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    Don't forget! During the break between PAT and RC, you can ask for more sheets! :)

4. Endeross

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Really? I wasnt aware they gave out more. That's good to know. I assumed I'd use essentially 1 page for pat/RC and another for everything else.

5. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    Technically, you can always ask for more sheets... But that's only if they see you in time. I wouldn't count on them always paying attention to students raising their hands in the rooms. I just practiced using as little paper as possible for each section so I knew how much I needed when my test date came

6. BetaHelix

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You can ask for as many sheets as you like it but you can only have I think 1 at a time. With practice you won't need to use the graphs for the hole punching problems

Mushibachan likes this.
  7. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    I had 2 at a time for my test center

8. BetaHelix

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hmm maybe I did too.

9. zammyd

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just so there is no confusion, you get two double sided pieces of paper. Should you need a new sheet, at any point you can raise your hand and they will exchange the used sheet for a new one, meaning you can only have two sheets max at a time.

10. capsaicinguy

Pre-Dental
    Yes you get 2 laminated sheets and a fine tip sharpie. You can hold up your hand and have a sheet replaced, I did once. I set up my PAT portion with some tic-tac-toe grids for hole punching just in case, but only used maybe 2 just to be safe, the rest I did in my head. Definitely set up 5 tally 0-5 sections for the cube counting, its easy points. I didn't use the sheets for any of the science section, just use the "mark" and come back to it in waves. For RC I numbered 1-20 twice on one side of a sheet, 4 total just in case I got 4 passages. I used the keyword map loosely.

11. 510586

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can get 4 passages?!

12. capsaicinguy

Pre-Dental
    Sorry, no, poor wording. I had an extra numbered out just in case I messed up a different one and had to start over. I think it was more habit from practicing with other exams/programs/etc.