How do I decide what to do with this degree?

Started by PharmD12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmD12

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are so many areas to go into now days with a PharmD, how did you all decide what to specialize in?

Specifics about me: I'm a 2nd year student, so I have ~10 months until I choose my rotations. I am extremely interested in emergency medicine, psychology, teaching, AND business/management, and I know a lot about the specifics of these areas, so it's not like I'm just picking random things.

I've shadowed a few clinical pharmacists and pharmacy directors and talked to a couple professors to get a better idea of what to do, but I still don't know how to decide. The thing I'm worried the most about is picking a residency, then deciding that it isn't for me...

Any suggestions on how to come across what's right for you? People who have multiple interests, please chime in.