How do some DO schools rank against other MD schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we take boards or residencies landed as a tape measure -- do you think any DO schools can stand with MD schools.

What are the passing rates on COMLEX and USMLE at DO schools? If we rank the DO schools, who has the highest/lowest passing rate?

Members don't see this ad.

OSUCOM class of 2006 had a 100% pass rate on the COMLEX and USMLE (about 1/2 of the class took the USMLE & it wasn't just the top of the class). We had the highest average COMLEX score, also.

Of course, that's just one class, but the classes ahead of us have had good scores/pass rates, too.

If you're talking usmles and acgme residencies then pretty much all the MD schools are ahead. If you compare DO school COMLEX pass rates to MD USMLE it would probably be about the same. AOA residency to ACGME residency I would imagine would be around the same as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
all that info is in the first aid bood for step one and two of the usmle

i ask because at nycom, i heard the last class to take the boards didn't do great -- of about 300 who took it -- 60 didn't pass the first time -- thats only 80.

Now what is the class size at your school? Obviously the larger the class the less selective and the more likely you'll have people who wont do great.

but still, im a student here at NYCOM and this worries me tremendously -- what do you all think? I wonder if i should be using board review books along w/ my class material. Here we are given packets upon packets of info and usually use our texts as side references -- thsi done at other places -- i don't know....just a bit worried now about my preparation. thanks

DrMom said:
OSUCOM class of 2006 had a 100% pass rate on the COMLEX and USMLE (about 1/2 of the class took the USMLE & it wasn't just the top of the class). We had the highest average COMLEX score, also.

Of course, that's just one class, but the classes ahead of us have had good scores/pass rates, too.

bragging all the way are we???? next time you guys should do better 110% :laugh:

i know --- but honestly... a little bit of help here -- please