how do you adjust target inventory levels for a particular med at cvs

8turkeys

2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2015
Miami
Status
Pharmacy Student
does anyone know how to adjust target inventory levels at cvs? we constantly have drugs that are out of stock and cycle counts match

zelman

7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
does anyone know how to adjust target inventory levels at cvs? we constantly have drugs that are out of stock and cycle counts match
TIL is based on dispensing. As posted above, just order more and dispense more. The TIL will move over the course of 5 weeks.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Locked in the basement
www.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
It's not possible to manually adjust TIL. Even if you call the Helpdesk or the AIM group (their extension is listed in the "who to call" document), it will not help. They will claim that they have updated it for you but it just immediately adjusts back to what it was before. I used to have the opposite problem with Lantus where TIL was greater than one year's supply of medication. I didn't even have enough room in the fridge. No one could help, not the Pharm Sup, not the DM, not the AIM group, not the helpdesk. I had to keep the overstock in an extra fridge and try to remember to zero it out with every order. If I forgot for even one order it would automatically set BOO to TIL (as it is meant to). The AIM group even said that it was clearly wrong and that they would fix it. Never happened. The helpdesk would mark my tickets as "complete" without it ever getting resolved. The sup and dm didn't care as long as my WeCare was greater than 90%.

God I don't miss it, LOL

Reactions: catalyzt

zelman

7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
It's not possible to manually adjust TIL. Even if you call the Helpdesk or the AIM group (their extension is listed in the "who to call" document), it will not help. They will claim that they have updated it for you but it just immediately adjusts back to what it was before. I used to have the opposite problem with Lantus where TIL was greater than one year's supply of medication. I didn't even have enough room in the fridge. No one could help, not the Pharm Sup, not the DM, not the AIM group, not the helpdesk. I had to keep the overstock in an extra fridge and try to remember to zero it out with every order. If I forgot for even one order it would automatically set BOO to TIL (as it is meant to). The AIM group even said that it was clearly wrong and that they would fix it. Never happened. The helpdesk would mark my tickets as "complete" without it ever getting resolved. The sup and dm didn't care as long as my WeCare was greater than 90%.

God I don't miss it, LOL
You should have just let it keep ordering, grabbed some glue, and built a fort out of it. It would be the most expensive home you will ever have.

Reactions: owlegrad