How Do You Feel About Women In Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a girl is a med student/doctor/resident, she becomes much more attractive to me

In that case, you have exquisite taste in women! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Men get destroyed in divorce court. You will probably have to pay her alimony and child support even if she makes more than you. If she put you through med school? Forget it. Might as well have your paycheck sent to her. A great reason for men not to get married. For women it's a gold mine. For a bonus cry about how horrible he was, it doesn't even have to be true. JACKPOT!

About women in medicine? They aren't discriminated against and the man/woman ratio is pretty even. I don't see why it is even an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
A majority of the our population's women are not married. Maybe they are sick of taking care of us males? :laugh:

MEN ARE STUPID AND HAVE TO BE TAKEN CARE OF, HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a guy friend of mine who wants to become a PA (I'm pre-med), and he was telling me that when I become a doctor, no man would want me, I'd be tired and ugly all the time, and it doesn't matter how good I look, I would immediately become unattractive if I made more money than whatever man I was interested in at the time. He actually told me that he wouldn't marry a woman who made more money than he did.

I thought it was hilarious. I had never actually spoken with someone who held such an archaic mindset.

Sooooooo... how do you feel about this? This has prolly been discussed before, but I'm just curious. Are guys really that intimidated by women in prestigious careers? Would you date a female doctor?

I am so intimidated that I will marry you tommorow, quit medicine and take care of the kids. :D After working 10 plus years in consulting, you realize what a luxury it is to have a spouse that is smart, competent and willing to go out there to make casheesh. People who are turned off by a women making $$$ dont realize what the implications are... being with a woman who looks to them for financial support. We are living in a two income economy and if a women wants to go out and earn more money than me, thats great - more toys all around.

Reactions: 1 user
Between the large hump on my back and my desire to become a doktor, no mens is ever going to want me!!! *sobs*

relax, you had me at "i play 3 hours of video games per day." :love:

your console or mine?

After 2 divorces, I will be the first to advice anyone to marry 'up' and not 'down'. So OP yes I am sure a lot of men will find you desirable.

BTW "marry up" means marry someone with more money.

Sociology fact:- In a relationship, whoever has the least to loose has the most control.

The ideal scenerio is one where you marry someone of equal income and both of you could share control equally.

:laugh: :laugh: Mine, of course. You can have your pick of xbox, PS2, wii, gamecube, and any variety of computer I have lying around. :oops: ;) **not that I have an addiction or anything... this is completely normal**

wow, i don't care what they say: quantity *does* matter! :)

:laugh: :laugh: Mine, of course. You can have your pick of xbox, PS2, wii, gamecube, and any variety of computer I have lying around. :oops: ;) **not that I have an addiction or anything... this is completely normal**

You have a wii? You are so awesome...damnit why aren't you a boy?

wow, i don't care what they say: quantity *does* matter! :)

Preach on, brother... PREACH IT!!! My primary ambition in life -- other than becoming a kicka$$ academic physician -- is to build a life-sized hobbit hole containing a decked out game room. I will eat Raman every day of my life to save up for this... a large quantity of quality game-age is a total must *I'm not kidding*

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess that 10 more post and this thread gets moved really blew up in my face.

Now, excuse me, I have to go wipe this off...

As you were, please...

Preach on, brother... PREACH IT!!! My primary ambition in life -- other than becoming a kicka$$ academic physician -- is to build a life-sized hobbit hole containing a decked out game room. I will eat Raman every day of my life to save up for this... a large quantity of quality game-age is a total must *I'm not kidding*

where is the emoticon for "salivate"?

I started dating a guy who was totally turned on by the fact that I wanted to go to medical school. He loved telling his friends about me and even kept a picture of me in my lab coat on his desk at work. Then, when I started studying for the MCAT and he got a tase of life when one person is studying all the time, he broke up with me pretty quickly. I believe he said, "yeah . . . so the idea of you being a doctor is hot, but I don't think I want to date a student." He was also worried about feeling like less of a man if his salary was less than mine, but that wasn't as big of an issue as the studying and student loans bit.

My current boyfriend, a million times more awesome than the previous jerko, is super supportive, but even he jokes about the down sides of med and says things like, "you sure you don't wan to go to business school?" I think he would support me no matter what, but I get the feeling that he sees clear advantages of me not becoming a doctor.

Well, if my hormone therapies continue to work, my doctors say I should be one in as little as six months!! *call me* :p

Hmmm...are you having the burrito procedure?:laugh:

i'm hoping that my wife makes more money than me, simply because i plan on making a lot of money myself, so with our combined incomes we should be able to buy that nice house by the ocean.

Sev, now that you have all us men drooling, there is something that needs to be said...

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a guy friend of mine who wants to become a PA (I'm pre-med), and he was telling me that when I become a doctor, no man would want me, I'd be tired and ugly all the time, and it doesn't matter how good I look, I would immediately become unattractive if I made more money than whatever man I was interested in at the time. He actually told me that he wouldn't marry a woman who made more money than he did.

I thought it was hilarious. I had never actually spoken with someone who held such an archaic mindset.

Sooooooo... how do you feel about this? This has prolly been discussed before, but I'm just curious. Are guys really that intimidated by women in prestigious careers? Would you date a female doctor?

Don't worry about it. They don't allow women in medical school. Now run along to nursing school like a good girl.

Panda Bear said:
Don't worry about it. They don't allow women in medical school. Now run along to nursing school like a good girl.

Good thing I'm wearing my flame resistant bat suit. Can't wait for the coming onslaught.

x2 on trismegistus4's idea.

how's about a threesome photo, with the xbox and ps2 rubbing controllers while the wii is on top?

I'm sure my wife could attest to that :laugh:

gapotts2003 said:
Stupid? I disagree. A smart man is one to know that when he is married he is always wrong no matter what.

Say men are stupid and you are funny. Say woman are stupid and you are chauvinist pig.

That's right guys, yuk it up. Let's keep spreading the idea that men are idiots.

this thread is almost as rediculous as the guy wanting to wear an 18K diamond ring to an interview. Almost. :D

Oh Panda,

You are the starch that makes my little white nursing cap stand up oh-so-straight. :love:

:laugh: funny discussion :thumbup:

I once had a boyfriend that broke up with me when I decided to study medicine. he was afraid of earning less money than me one day.
so what.

what I find much more annoying is that male docs don't take female students seriousely ... and if male profs ask female docs if they have children already - and don't offer you a job if you don't have ... :mad:

I was at a med school party, and this cute little girl was schooling me at boche ball. Sounds stupid I know, but damn that was hot!

I would say that a woman who wants to go to med school is ten times hotter than the average lady. That being said, I've met some crazy f***** up women who are in medical school who I wouldn't touch with ten foot pole (no pun intended). I also think that a woman who can school me in games, sports, or other leisure activities are pretty hot. Aren't we all looking for someone to be a partner? I certainly don't want to be with someone who I feel is my inferior in most things. I want a girl to challenge and inspire me.

That being said: a girl who is good and can beat me at video games is hot. A girl who blows me out of the water consistently is not, because that means she plays WAY too much. It's a double standard, but one I adhere to.

Speaking of double standards....

Say men are stupid and you are funny. Say woman are stupid and you are chauvinist pig.

That's right guys, yuk it up. Let's keep spreading the idea that men are idiots.

Hit the nail on the head. Men are not stupid. I like the idea that women are smart, sexy, and mysterious as much as the next guy, but what the hell happened to the tough, smooth, and debonnaire image that used to accompany men. Today's "real men" are bumbling idiots who are funny....but stupid. F*** that. I'm gonna bring back the sexy. :cool:

Sociology fact:- In a relationship, whoever has the least to lose has the most control.

This is the truest statement in this threat.

Reactions: 1 user
"How do you feel about women in medicine?"

Well, somebody's got to make the coffee, right?

^^^ LOL

IMO, a woman can do whatever she wants. she just has to be willing to pay for her part of a date or switch off every other date. and she has to be willing to open the door for me sometimes if she's walking in front. if girls want equality, they can't expect it in only one aspect of life.

^^^ she just has to be willing to pay for her part of a date or switch off every other date.

IMHO, whoever asks the other peson out should be the one to pay. If I say "Hey, let's go get dinner together" I should pay for both. If you say it, then you should pay for both. If it's something that just kinda happens, then each person should pay for themselves.

I suspect it has more to do with the fact that there are more women than men, and women outlive men. So the numbers of unmarried women would be significant regardless.

the age structure is no doubt a factor. but a big factor demographers have pointed out is more women in the workforce. women don't need marriage for resources. and anecdotally, single professional moms are becoming more socially acceptable.

Okay... so here is the cheesy setup on the sketchy table we found outside.

Too bad the xbox and PS2 are black... they barely show up! Verrrrrry sex image:

oh my. cheap and sketchy is just what daddy likes. and dark and grainy is the photo equivalent of lingerie.

oh my. cheap and sketchy is just what daddy likes. and dark and grainy is the photo equivalent of lingerie.

:laugh: :laugh: I swear my apartment is the sketchiest thing ever... it is the epitome of "eclectic". I find that the crappy freebie tv/gaming stand offsets my circa 1813 Empire sofa (found at auction) quite nicely (as do the Halloween lights). Martha would be so happy!!! It's a good thing.

I want to practice my love on them.

Speaking of double standards....

Hit the nail on the head. Men are not stupid. I like the idea that women are smart, sexy, and mysterious as much as the next guy, but what the hell happened to the tough, smooth, and debonnaire image that used to accompany men. Today's "real men" are bumbling idiots who are funny....but stupid. F*** that. I'm gonna bring back the sexy. :cool:

Let's face it.... male, female, we're all idiots. And on another note, until men start getting pregnant (or women stop), the playing field will never be entirely equal.

Let's face it.... male, female, we're all idiots. And on another note, until men start getting pregnant (or women stop), the playing field will never be entirely equal.

...and lactating. Don't forget that.

I figure once I have that prestigious career with those big bucks, I'll just buy myself a pool boy. If I'm still even interested in bothering with one, that is. :smuggrin:

All joking aside, if a man really does feel that way about you being a doc, would you even want him? :idea:

After 2 divorces, I will be the first to advice anyone to marry 'up' and not 'down'. So OP yes I am sure a lot of men will find you desirable.

BTW "marry up" means marry someone with more money.

Sociology fact:- In a relationship, whoever has the least to loose has the most control.

The ideal scenerio is one where you marry someone of equal income and both of you could share control equally.

Words of wisdom. Definitely very true.

there are so many attracting looking women who are doctors.... on tv! :smuggrin: jk
but honestly, there are many women who get married who are doctors. I read an article about many men nowadays want alpha females (such as ibankers). I don't think men would be intimidated at all, atleast I wouldn't be.:)

^^^ LOL

IMO, a woman can do whatever she wants. she just has to be willing to pay for her part of a date or switch off every other date. and she has to be willing to open the door for me sometimes if she's walking in front. if girls want equality, they can't expect it in only one aspect of life.

Thats perfectly fine with me. This was pretty much the way it always was in my relationships anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.