How do you guys fly business/first class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just stumbled on websites online that will book business overseas tickets. Got 1st/business more than half off from what I could get from the airlines.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Airlines try to guard who actually pays cash rate vs using points

“
The short answer is that the vast majority of international business class seats are booked with cash (or corporate travel contracts), not points.


While the exact percentage fluctuates wildly depending on the specific route and airline, industry estimates from airline revenue management data consistently show a stark contrast:


Cash / Corporate Contracts: ~85% to 95% of seats


Points / Award Redemptions: ~5% to 15% of seats


Airlines guard their exact revenue-management algorithms closely, but the dynamics of how these seats are filled explain why points bookings represent such a small slice of the cabin”
 
Price of a Rolex Daytona panda?
I don’t have too many watches but once I bought the Ghost Daytona (was trying to decide between the panda or the Daytona with black dial until I saw the ghost Daytona and liked that one more than the other two by far) a couple months ago, it’s been my daily. Can dress up, dress down. Very versatile and one of those watches that’s a little understated but also “if ya know ya know.”
 
I don’t have too many watches but once I bought the Ghost Daytona (was trying to decide between the panda or the Daytona with black dial until I saw the ghost Daytona and liked that one more than the other two by far) a couple months ago, it’s been my daily. Can dress up, dress down. Very versatile and one of those watches that’s a little understated but also “if ya know ya know.”
Great looking watch! You go gray? That’s like a 50k watch haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My young friend generally uses seats.aero (for points awards redemption)
It’s like $100 a year fee for real time biz tracking.

Other similar website skyluxe for cash travel
 
Pretty please?
Sorry, I didn't realize it was not common knowledge as I just did a Chat search when I was looking at $18K/tickets.

I had quotes from skylux and bcflights then went with skylux. Both well reviewed on line. I was a little weary at first but process was seamless. Did searches on my own, found the flights I wanted, and they quoted me my flight and other similar routes. Quote ended up being less than half for 5 tickets and all quotes were major airlines - United/Delta/Swiss with Firs/Business segments. Some options was 1/3 with similar dates but not the time/route I wanted so flexibility helps.

Paid through their website w/ a credit card just in case some hiccup happened. I was sent the confirmation code, logged onto the airline, put in the code, and had seats assigned. Just like any ticket, I could change the seating if I wanted but Skylux got me the best grouping. Never did business before, so able to pre-pick meals like a boss.

I was never in the position to do first/business in the past, but this will be my go to way of travelling. Ended up saving prob 40K+ which is prob an anomaly.

They advertise as travel agents and I think they have a combo of negotiated seats and point usage. Sky even called be a few dys ago to wish me a good trip and call them with any issues.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't realize it was not common knowledge as I just did a Chat search when I was looking at $18K/tickets.

I had quotes from skylux and bcflights then went with skylux. Both well reviewed on line. I was a little weary at first but process was seamless. Did searches on my own, found the flights I wanted, and they quoted me my flight and other similar routes. Quote ended up being less than half for 5 tickets and all quotes were major airlines - United/Delta/Swiss with Firs/Business segments. Some options was 1/3 with similar dates but not the time/route I wanted so flexibility helps.

Paid through their website w/ a credit card just in case some hiccup happened. I was sent the confirmation code, logged onto the airline, put in the code, and had seats assigned. Just like any ticket, I could change the seating if I wanted but Skylux got me the best grouping. Never did business before, so able to pre-pick meals like a boss.

I was never in the position to do first/business in the past, but this will be my go to way of travelling. Ended up saving prob 40K+ which is prob an anomaly.

They advertise as travel agents and I think they have a combo of negotiated seats and point usage. Sky even called be a few dys ago to wish me a good trip and call them with any issues.
Seems like so many people here do not know how to search. But than again not everyone is savvy with computers

Just to add skyluxe is like a third party travel agency. So you won’t get 5x Amex plat points or 4x Chase sapphire reserve points. You only get that with booking directly with the airlines themselves.

So spending 18k on tickets and getting 18k Amex points Vs 90k (5x) on Amex points booking directly with airlines.
 
Seems like so many people here do not know how to search. But than again not everyone is savvy with computers

Just to add skyluxe is like a third party travel agency. So you won’t get 5x Amex plat points or 4x Chase sapphire reserve points. You only get that with booking directly with the airlines themselves.

So spending 18k on tickets and getting 18k Amex points Vs 90k (5x) on Amex points booking directly with airlines.
I highly recommend anyone downloading and signing up for Chatgtp or similar. It saves so much time doing any search, it is amazing finding coherent organized information over trying to figure out what google link is valid vs advertisement vs spam.

I do know that I paid through my Chase business and get the typical 2% cash back but the points, I can not speak about. I know you can add your airline miles programs and get the points.
 
I highly recommend anyone downloading and signing up for Chatgtp or similar. It saves so much time doing any search, it is amazing finding coherent organized information over trying to figure out what google link is valid vs advertisement vs spam.

I do know that I paid through my Chase business and get the typical 2% cash back but the points, I can not speak about. I know you can add your airline miles programs and get the points.
Any ai program Claude Gemini or ChatGPT will work
They all have their strengths and weaknesses.
 
My young friend generally uses seats.aero (for points awards redemption)
It’s like $100 a year fee for real time biz tracking.

Other similar website skyluxe for cash travel
Skyluxe is legit. I've used them, but they will call relentlessly. Somehow they finally stopped calling me -- they don't take no for an answer when I said I had no more travel plans. I've done 2 trips with them.

One was Maui to Amsterdam to Sweden back to Maui 2015. Then New Mexico to Lithuania then from Russia to New Mexico 2017.
 
One thing I'd love to do in Japan is tour the Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi. Could be a good activity for @circleK !
If you are a GS fan, take a look at Credor. They are part of the Seiko family. Exquisite hand finishing. Different aesthetic but just as striking IMHO. Other Japanese brands to start taking a look at. Minase. Kurono Tokyo. Otsuka Lotec. Don't get me started on Japanese workmanship. It's why I spend at least two weeks a year there in the fall for the past couple of decades. Then venture into clothing: Ring jacket, Kapital, Batoner sweaters, North face purple label, Beams F. Then into eyewear: Matsuda, Eyevan, anything from kaneko. I'm so deep into the hole🙂....I'm now into luxury bath towels🙂 I can only get from there Towel thinklab if you are interested.

Japan is amazing. Pro tip. Go during the shoulder seasons since it has become such a zoo with tourists during cherry blossom and summer. The genie is now out of the bottle about how great the snow is in japan. But Hokkaido is off the hook! Park Hyatt hanazono is a gem. If you can, get a room on the residence side. In room private onsen. I could go on. DM if you want tips.
 
2 is pretty easy. Buying for 4-5 people gets very tricky and expensive

Had my big splurge for the year for a combo
Babymoon/5 year anniv. Booked 4 wks out as plans changed. 8 nights/9 days in milan/venice/florence/lake como. Went business for 2 abt 9k after using 100k chase points for flights.

Every hotel was 5 star except sold out in como but 4 star was decent. Those ran 1k euro avg/night. Private tour to tuscany, 2 hr boat ride in cuomo. 3K In shopping for fam gifts leather coats/purses.

All museums and highlights in every city done. Total ran abt 25k. For me experiences r priceless. Older folks met during trip kept having issues with heat plus some said they were limited in what they did but they did not realize that in there youth. Def wished they did more sooner in prime years.

so my advice is traveling in prime is well worth it bc u may never be able to replicate ur prime age experience and tolerate hurdles. Some days were 25-30k steps in 95-100 deg temps/humid and limited ac.
 
Last edited: