How do you guys look for jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILikeMilk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
2nd year PCCM fellow here. Won't start applying until next summer but just anxious to start the process of educating myself on the job search so that when the time comes I'm fully prepared.

Anyways, how do you guys look for jobs? Do you go to a recruiting agency? Google? Google shows several websites that posts jobs and more or less these websites are all showing the same listings. Do you guys contact hospitals/groups directly even if theres no posting?

Members don't see this ad.

2nd year PCCM fellow here. Won't start applying until next summer but just anxious to start the process of educating myself on the job search so that when the time comes I'm fully prepared.

Anyways, how do you guys look for jobs? Do you go to a recruiting agency? Google? Google shows several websites that posts jobs and more or less these websites are all showing the same listings. Do you guys contact hospitals/groups directly even if theres no posting?

Depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a employed position, there are several websites to use to start. They don’t list them all, so if you’re really set on one location call them directly. Or if you’re wanting to start a private practice call the hospital you want privileges at and don’t be afraid to ask for help especially if they’re in need of your services.

# Job search websites
Search Physician Jobs in the PracticeLink Job Bank
Physician Jobs | Doctor Jobs | PracticeMatch
Healthcare Jobs & Medical Jobs | Health eCareers

These 3 sites have overlaps but contain pretty much all openings in the country. I skipped jobs posted by third party recruiting company, eg, Jackson, Cejka, etc. You don't need recruiter to find you a job. Just contact internal recruiter of the hospital you're applying to. Otherwise, your sign-in bonus will be shared with recruiting company.

Cold calling is a good idea if you have geographic restriction. But that lowers your leverage in negotiations as you already show great interest in the job. It's buyer's market. Don't do it unless you are restricted to certain locations.