How do you guys study? (habits, etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCdannyLA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go in to the library...get a cubicle in the corner...turn on my mp3 player (usually coldplay or something else light) and take a break every 1 1/2 or 2 hours. I can't STAND studying in silence...i need music...or else I will die.

I'm going to start studying 5 hours a day now...and I'm taking 3 classes! I plan on living at the library

ugh!

how about u guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Never been able to do music while I study too distracting. Anyhow I'm pretty much the same my house is quite though so i go home at this point iim doing a lot of practice i think it helps me more but good luck and happy studying.

Here's my routine:
1) Set up books, paper, and pencils
2) Open book
3) stare at page
4) get a snack
5) turn on computer
6) browse SDN for hours and never get anything done
7) put books away
8) curse at myself for not getting anything done

Members don't see this ad :)
premey you sound exactly like me :D, i only work good under pressure anywayz so i wait till 2-days before my test have a panic attack and really start studying.

I usually go to the library and incubate for long periods on end. Oh yeah, I take a lunch break in the middle. ;)

I normally like it to be dead silent when I study, but I forced myself to go to the student union to study for the MCAT, so I could get used to background noise. I brought all of my materials and forced myself to sit there a few hours every day. I can't study at home because I get distracted way too easily.

On Friday nights before my practice tests, I would study at home until about 10 pm or so and then drink beer (32 oz. Fat Tire), study for another hour (slightly buzzed), then go to bed. I know this seems strange, but it helped me sleep well and not overanalyze everything in my head all night. This worked really well for me for all of my practice tests, so I figured that I shouldn't change anything for the actual MCAT. It seemed to work- I was very happy with my score.