MCAT study plan, when to use world, online course, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed.mom

Premed
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking my MCAT next summer, I plan on applying in 2023, I will also be in school full time until the summer, and I am taking a longer than normal time to study because I have ADHD, and I know I will need it. I just bought the 12-month blueprint online course. Am also looking at Uworld questions. When should I start doing Uworld? I can take the MCAT sooner if I feel ready it just depends.
 
For the final month you should only be doing AAMC questions / only using AAMC materials and practice tests. The starting 6 - 8 weeks before that, start using UWorld to simulate sections of the MCAT. Prior to that, use other study resources to learn content, practice strategies, etc.
 
For a super loose 3 month study plan, I'd spent a month doing content review, 1 month doing 3rd party stuff, and then 1 month doing AAMC material. I personally believe that the AAMC material doesn't take the entire month, so I would spread out AAMC material over the 4 weeks and fill in the gaps with more 3rd party stuff and content review.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors