How do you interpret your scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDKid89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my score back and I have no idea how to read them. It seemed to me that I did ok/descent at first, but when I looked at the Oct 08 thread and saw everyone else's, i felt as if a hole was pierced in my heart. Now I don't even think I got a 30% on this thing. I studied for this and this is what I get :(. I hope I interpreted it wrong. I'm losing hope...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
well....i think the school looks at the percentile ranking, not the scaled score. the percentile ranking is the percent of people you did better than in the norm group (everyone who took it in the past few years). Basically, if your score is a 99, that means you bulldozed over everyone. Schools generally look at the composite--your grade overall. They may also have a minimum number for each section.

You may have gotten thrown off because the PCAT may be the only test that does this. MCAT is a score out of 45 and the DAT is a score out of 30. The PCAT is a comparison of you to everyone else.

I got my score back and I have no idea how to read them. It seemed to me that I did ok/descent at first, but when I looked at the Oct 08 thread and saw everyone else's, i felt as if a hole was pierced in my heart. Now I don't even think I got a 30% on this thing. I studied for this and this is what I get :(. I hope I interpreted it wrong. I'm losing hope...

30%?? I'm confused. Your composite is 30%?

You've been accepted to pharmacy school already? (per your signature)