PharmDKid89

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
Hometown: Danbury, CT. During school year: Long Is
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I got my score back and I have no idea how to read them. It seemed to me that I did ok/descent at first, but when I looked at the Oct 08 thread and saw everyone else's, i felt as if a hole was pierced in my heart. Now I don't even think I got a 30% on this thing. I studied for this and this is what I get :(. I hope I interpreted it wrong. I'm losing hope...

Last edited:

hokierx

10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
well....i think the school looks at the percentile ranking, not the scaled score. the percentile ranking is the percent of people you did better than in the norm group (everyone who took it in the past few years). Basically, if your score is a 99, that means you bulldozed over everyone. Schools generally look at the composite--your grade overall. They may also have a minimum number for each section.

You may have gotten thrown off because the PCAT may be the only test that does this. MCAT is a score out of 45 and the DAT is a score out of 30. The PCAT is a comparison of you to everyone else.

drugdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
I got my score back and I have no idea how to read them. It seemed to me that I did ok/descent at first, but when I looked at the Oct 08 thread and saw everyone else's, i felt as if a hole was pierced in my heart. Now I don't even think I got a 30% on this thing. I studied for this and this is what I get :(. I hope I interpreted it wrong. I'm losing hope...
30%?? I'm confused. Your composite is 30%?

You've been accepted to pharmacy school already? (per your signature)

About the Ads