How do you prove this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if an interviewer asks you to list three qualities, how do you prove them? I know you're supposed to give concrete examples, like when you mention that you are a leader, you can talk about events you've organized and leadership positions. But if you say something like you're enthusiastic about medicine, how do you prove your enthusiasm? That seems to be very abstract.

Members don't see this ad.

Which is why "enthusiastic about medicine" is not a good answer. We're all enthusiastic about medicine. Why else would we be interviewing at med school?

So if an interviewer asks you to list three qualities, how do you prove them? I know you're supposed to give concrete examples, like when you mention that you are a leader, you can talk about events you've organized and leadership positions. But if you say something like you're enthusiastic about medicine, how do you prove your enthusiasm? That seems to be very abstract.
Isnt that what almost all of the interview should be about, showing that you are enthusiastic about medicine and why you would be a good doctor??

But i would in this situation describe one of my most memorable clinical experiences, and show how this is something up and beyond that of the average premed. IE. how when shadowing a physician you came across a really intersting and serious disease, you went and researched it and came back and asked questions to the doctor. Idk just a suggestion.

That was just an example, I was wondering in general if you go abstract. Thanks, though.