how does an img manage to get a sirgery residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docrd24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI!
I am an indian grad and m desp to get surgery in the states. i was thinking on the lines of uro/ortho and i am aware they thats a tough ask ,m willin to do gen surg and then try for a change............. What all do the univs look for when they give one a call[interveiw]?what do they want in an img so that he can be selected for a program?

Members don't see this ad.

a) learn how to spell
b) learn how to speak english
c) get a job at a gas station (I'm not kidding) and take Kaplan's courses for Steps 1, 2, and 3. Nearly everyone at my local Kaplan station is a foreign grad, working in a gas station, studying for the boards. It sounds harsh, but it's damn true.

English is capitalized- you should know that if you are going to give pointers to IMGs. Earlier you asked what the definition of trolling was, you are. Posts in multiple forums, insulting and harassing others.

Dude...this cat is starting to ruin the experience :mad:
DrDre' said:
English is capitalized- you should know that if you are going to give pointers to IMGs. Earlier you asked what the definition of trolling was, you are. Posts in multiple forums, insulting and harassing others.