How does an informal post bac work? masters or formal post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j7s297

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated may 2019 with a bio degree, my gpa at my college was a 3.38.

Verfied ADEA with out +/- science GPA 3.04
verified adea with +/- a science GPA 2.99.
Overall adea verified gpa was a 3.24.

september DAT scores:
orgo- 21
gen chem- 20
qr-14
PAT-15
Bio- 17
reading-19
ts=19
aa=18

I have applied mid october and have not heard back, I am retaking the DAT in hopes of increasing my three lowest scores in decemeber. Also planning for plan b being masters or post bac, what would be my best option? Are the formal post bac with rutgers or temple guarantee interviews? or am i better doing an informal post bac?

Is an informal post-bac taking pre-dental classes/undergraduate classes that I may have already taken being a biology major at a university?

Members don't see this ad.

well, first of, apply early will increase your chance of getting an interview significantly. Better DAT score wouldn't hurt. As far as which route for the post bacc or master. I would look into post bacc before choosing master.

You need to retake your DAT and possibly look into a formal post-bac program. I was a member of the Temple post-bac program you mentioned, I do recommend it, but note there is NO linkage to dental schools in that program..only DO schools.