How does going to back to community college to meet pharm school requirements work?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dreamer122, Jun 27, 2018.

1. dreamer122

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have already graduated from a 4 year school with a BS degree. However, I am going back to my local community college to take an anatomy class to meet pharmacy school requirement. How does that work? My community college requires that I need to choose my objective for readmission, and the four options are:

1) Associates Degree
    2) Certificate
    3) Transfer to 4-year institution
    4) Non-Credit Program

Should I choose the non-credit program? Because none of the others apply to me. But a non-credit program means I will receive a pass/no pass grade. Do pharmacy schools even accept a pass/no pass grade?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Saisri_PharmStdnt

Saisri_PharmStdnt Class of 2023 Hopeful

Pre-Pharmacy
    One of the community colleges I attend suggested using the non-credit program. They sometimes used that to mean you weren't degree seeking with them.

4. VictorOfHungerGames

Highly doubt schools will accept non-credit classes but i would check with schools you're applying to.

5. Amicable Angora

Amicable Angora Lagomorpha

Pharmacist
    The appropriate approach is to apply for non matriculation status. This means that you are not formally accepted into any particular program or major path but are able to take a limited amount of courses for credit. You will then proceed to register for whatever courses (for credit) you need to transfer for pharmacy school.

6. Saisri_PharmStdnt

Saisri_PharmStdnt Class of 2023 Hopeful

Pre-Pharmacy
    dreamer122, just called the school and tell them you are non-degree seeking with them. They can advise you of their choice for that particular community college.

The community college network I am in may refer to things differently. All my classes I have taken though have all their credits attached :)

7. lalaland33

Pharmacy Student
    When I did classes at CC, I chose the "Associates Degree" option and took the classes I needed. You don't actually need to complete the degree (and they can't force you to lol), just the pre-req classes. So go with either option 1 or 3 :)

8. kansasgal

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got my bachelor's at a big university that is pretty well known. Then took 4 classes at a community college and it looks exactly like that....no one ever brought it up and I was excepted to 3 out of 3 schools I applied to. When I did my classes I selected "none degree seeking" and it was fine no meetings with school counselors or any delays on registering at the school I attended

9. BidingMyTime

BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt

Pharmacist
    I would think the matriculation to a 4-yr school would be the appropriate options. Because you will be matriculating to a higher level school, and while that is usually 4- yr, it really includes any higher degree institution.