How Does NBDE Scoring Work???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toothlover1

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the Part 2 exam a couple days ago and am very anxious. I think I got maybe 60%-65% of the total 500 correct, so does that mean I fail. Some have said I can pass very easily. I am so confused. I know there is a 49-99 scale, but how exactly does that work?
 
I just took the Part 2 exam a couple days ago and am very anxious. I think I got maybe 60%-65% of the total 500 correct, so does that mean I fail. Some have said I can pass very easily. I am so confused. I know there is a 49-99 scale, but how exactly does that work?

I'm right there with you. Just finished the test an hour ago. Day 1 I felt I got around 70%. Day 2 50%. I would love to hear that 60% is all you need. If I had to bet I would say it's pretty close to that. Can't believe I have to wait 3-4 wks.