How does one going about volunteering in a home health setting?

Started by lee9786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lee9786

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd like to get some experience volunteering in the home health care setting. Anyone else experience this process and could offer advise on how to go about setting this up?
 
You just have to phone round to local home health agencies, explain what you need, and see what they say. Start with small, locally-owned independent agencies, as you'll probably have better luck there. It can be a lot more difficult to get a corporate-run HHA to agree to let you shadow a PT. All the ones I phoned around here said it wasn't possible cos it violates their privacy policies. But the locally-owned HHA just had me sign a form saying that I understand I'm not allowed to talk about the patients to anyone.