How does the dental school curriculum work at UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seminole0928

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've uploaded a PDF of the curriculum by track provided by UCLA, which is where my confusion arose. I'm assuming every course listed in the given PDF is taken by the end of the 4-year program and that every student in my class will be taking all of the same classes at the same time? If so, how are the selective courses incorporated into the curriculum? Is there a registration process for the selective courses?

I will be starting at UCLA in the Fall. Any and all information is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Curriculum by Track.pdf
    12.5 KB · Views: 137
Yes you will take all the same terrible classes at the same time with all of your classmates. That pdf is simply a list of all the courses you will eventually waste your time taking there.

Im confused about what a selective course is. It is not on the pdf, and I never had a selective course at UCLA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you will take all the same terrible classes at the same time with all of your classmates. That pdf is simply a list of all the courses you will eventually waste your time taking there.

Im confused about what a selective course is. It is not on the pdf, and I never had a selective course at UCLA.

Did you go to UCLA? How did you feel about their 6-year OMFS program (Im assuming youre at Baylor) while you were a dental student? And do you know anything about their OMFS internship by any chance? sorry to drag it off topic just wanted to ask a former UCLA dental student... Thanks man

Yes I did go there. I personally dont think highly of the program at all, I'm still confused on what one actually does there during the 6 years. The internship if I remember correctly is usually taken by a ucla dental student who doesn't match or got interested late in the game and didn't apply but plans to.

Reactions: 1 user