How Early Can You Start the Test?

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
  1. Medical Student
    I am taking the 8am July 31st exam.

How early can I go and start? 7:30 would be ideal, so I would be able to probably get home around 12:30.

Do they let you start that early?

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    1. Medical Student
      Side question.

What should I do?

This week, I had all along been planning on going over content that I missed on all of the practice problems I did. I made a word document while doing them, and I am going to go over anything I am rough on.

I have done pretty well-awesome on all of my practice tests, but there were fluctuations due to some unknown content.

Now I have family from Europe in town. They are leaving Friday, the same day as my MCAT.

I was planning on staying at my cousins house this last week before the MCAT since the start of the summer. He lives closer to the testing center and there would be less distractions for more studying.

Should I go to my house, spend time with my family from Europe, or should I study at my cousins house?

No matter what I do, I will feel guilty, for not spending time with my family or for not studying for the MCAT.

I know for a fact there are some things that I do not know as much as I should.

I would also have time to study if I went home, just not as much.

I need an answer by 2:00.

Thanks SDN!

plsletmein

im on bended knees
      May 7, 2009
        I am taking the 8am July 31st exam.

How early can I go and start? 7:30 would be ideal, so I would be able to probably get home around 12:30.

Do they let you start that early?

I guess it depends on your testing center. The earliest my center allowed you to start was 7:30 so everyone who showed up earlier waited outside until then.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.