How early is early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm working on my personal statement but getting a little nervous about how long its taking. I know its still early, but I wanted to know how early is early when submitting AMCAS? I desperately need to be in the first batch of applicants sent around to schools, so I was wondering when I would need to submit this by to be in good shape. Thanks all.

camisho

Members don't see this ad.

If you turn it in by Mid to late June, you're still considered early.

camisho said:
Hi guys, I'm working on my personal statement but getting a little nervous about how long its taking. I know its still early, but I wanted to know how early is early when submitting AMCAS? I desperately need to be in the first batch of applicants sent around to schools, so I was wondering when I would need to submit this by to be in good shape. Thanks all.

camisho
I would get it in soon if it needs to be in the first batch. I think the first batch goes out in early July (although I'm not sure) and your application must be verified to be sent. Take note that AMCAS says that verification can take four to six weeks. Verification will be much faster if you send it in soon. My application was verified in about one week (submitted on June 3rd) but AMCAS already had my transcript.

With that said, you should also remember that a poorly prepared application will likely hurt you more than an application that is sent a little bit later.

applications are not submitted to the schools until July 13th/14th. (such was the case last year). I submitted my appliation to AMCAS in mid-July and I was still offered an interview on the first possible interview day at Einstein and offered an early interview at Drexel. It's not all about getting your application super early. Just relax, fill out the application as best you can and turn in your secondaries as soon as you can.