How early to start AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peter Parker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question...Does anyone know how early AMCAS 2003 will open? I know the earliest filing date is June 1, but I'm guessing it probably opens sometime in April or May so that students can start thinking about what to fill in. Let me know if I'm wrong in this.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure when it opens officially, but I suggest you begin working on your app right after you take the April MCAT. That should give you more than enough time to work on your personal statement etc. Plus, most applicants probably won't be using the website that early, so less internet traffic for you. Good luck!

I got an e-mail from my pre-med advisor saying that AMCAS 2003 should be available "on or about" May 1. It also said, though, that AMCAS is taking a "no software before its time" approach, so don't be surprised by delays to this schedule.

Also, Its never too early to start work on the essay questions, since you know what they will be. This also gives you time to get them proofed and critiqued by pre-med advisors and (if you're like me) perhaps an English prof. Also, get copies of your transcripts. You don't want any mistakes with your grades.

erasmus. take how long you think it'll take you, multiply that by three or something. then start accordingly :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Erasmus:
•Just a quick question...Does anyone know how early AMCAS 2003 will open? I know the earliest filing date is June 1, but I'm guessing it probably opens sometime in April or May so that students can start thinking about what to fill in. Let me know if I'm wrong in this.•••••