How easy is it to be a part-time pediatrician?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pigglewiggle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I was wondering how easy it is to get part-time work as a pediatrician after residency and what the different options are & what the salaries are like. Thanks!
 
Hi! I was wondering how easy it is to get part-time work as a pediatrician after residency and what the different options are & what the salaries are like. Thanks!
I don't know about salaries and ease of getting the jobs, but I do know several residents finishing this month and going on to part-time positions. My clinical preceptor is always trying to talk me into general peds because "it's mommy friendly and you can work part time!" Plus, his practice is actively trying to hire a part-time person.