how heavily weighted is undergraduate mathematics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBetch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a senior this year, also a bio major and math has never failed to haunt me all through out my undergrad. I have never been good at mathematics since a very young age, and am wondering how heavily the admissions personnel are going to look at my math grades.

After withdrawing from intermediate algebra twice freshman year, I retook it and got a c+, got a c in pre calc, a D in calc and retook it only to get a c-, and now I am taking stats and just did pretty crappy on my first exam.

On the other hand, I am a good student in all of my science courses(for example I got A's in orgo 1&2 and in general bio classes)

What should I expect?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm a senior this year, also a bio major and math has never failed to haunt me all through out my undergrad. I have never been good at mathematics since a very young age, and am wondering how heavily the admissions personnel are going to look at my math grades.

After withdrawing from intermediate algebra twice freshman year, I retook it and got a c+, got a c in pre calc, a D in calc and retook it only to get a c-, and now I am taking stats and just did pretty crappy on my first exam.

On the other hand, I am a good student in all of my science courses(for example I got A's in orgo 1&2 and in general bio classes)

What should I expect?

With DO schools, the mathematics grades are negligible. That's a different story on the allopathic side as mathematics grades are calculated into the BPSM GPA.

I had a D in Calc II, that class was brutal FYI. It didn't hinder me in getting accepted, but I had an A in statistics later on.