1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

how heavily weighted is undergraduate mathematics?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DrBetch, Sep 24, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. DrBetch

DrBetch

Jul 3, 2014
    So I'm a senior this year, also a bio major and math has never failed to haunt me all through out my undergrad. I have never been good at mathematics since a very young age, and am wondering how heavily the admissions personnel are going to look at my math grades.

After withdrawing from intermediate algebra twice freshman year, I retook it and got a c+, got a c in pre calc, a D in calc and retook it only to get a c-, and now I am taking stats and just did pretty crappy on my first exam.

On the other hand, I am a good student in all of my science courses(for example I got A's in orgo 1&2 and in general bio classes)

What should I expect?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AlteredScale

AlteredScale SDN Moderator 2+ Year Member

May 10, 2013
    Step 1 Study Cave
    What's your overall GPA? If it's above a 3.3 you'll be fine. Your weakness will be noted I'm sure but medical school is biology so you should be ok.

4. JPickos9989

JPickos9989 2+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Somewhere cold and windy
    With DO schools, the mathematics grades are negligible. That's a different story on the allopathic side as mathematics grades are calculated into the BPSM GPA.

I had a D in Calc II, that class was brutal FYI. It didn't hinder me in getting accepted, but I had an A in statistics later on.