How heavy is your laptop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fairyofsong

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already dislike lugging 50 lbs of books around all day.. how heavy is your laptop? What is a reasonable weight or what is too heavy?

Members don't see this ad.

Went from 5.9 to 3.9.

My shoulders love it. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
fairyofsong said:
I already dislike lugging 50 lbs of books around all day.. how heavy is your laptop? What is a reasonable weight or what is too heavy?

My Dell Inspiron 8200 weighs around 9 pounds with the second battery in. I don't carry it around very often :p

in a few months, Dell is going to introduce their new line of laptops. They are currently called the "Slims". They will range in weight but many say the are comparable to the weight of 20 oz. bottle of water. :eek: Sounds like they are going to be plenty interesting.. I am not sure what price range they will be.. but I am guessing with popularity, they aren't going to be too badly price.

sarahjth said:
in a few months, Dell is going to introduce their new line of laptops. They are currently called the "Slims". They will range in weight but many say the are comparable to the weight of 20 oz. bottle of water. :eek: Sounds like they are going to be plenty interesting.. I am not sure what price range they will be.. but I am guessing with popularity, they aren't going to be too badly price.

Sounds interesting. Link to an article or anything?

doesn't sound too powerfull at that weight :|

You never know. My phone is more powerful than my original Apple 2C... Of course half the people here dunno what an Apple 2C is.

That makes me feel old. :(

Hey I had an Apple IIE! Remember using floppy disks?

Ahh... those were good times.

R2_D2 said:
Hey I had an Apple IIE! Remember using floppy disks?

Ahh... those were good times.
Yeah, they were actually floppy.

Floppies.... awww. And the lovely green and black screens? hehe. I think those are the colors.. I am in search of a good link now. I know that new phone, the Razor, is sooo small and still so powerful. I am glad technology is finally making it's slow comeback.

...still searching. Maybe Dell changed the demo's name.. hmmm!

Ok, this is the picture of the computer... but I have not found any info on it!

So....awww, enjoy the view!

Interesting.

Of course no optical drive to speak of.

It can't be too thin, otherwise they'd have to make their own HD..

But cool, nevertheless

i think i saw that in a magazine today, i recall it being 2.5 lbs

I guess that was the X1. I am still looking for info! Sorry... apparently it's some serious secret or something! :scared: