How intense is ScribeAmerica Training? (during MCAT studying)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QowsEatDumlogic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got a ScribeAmerica interview offer sooner than expected for March 9. I take the MCAT March 31. When I applied, I told them I could start April 3, but they're asking for my availability throughout March to bring to my interview. I'd like to focus on MCAT studying for now, but the scribe location seems to be exactly what I was looking for and I want to maximize my chances of getting the job. Should I give them a lot of availability throughout March, or tell them to wait until April? I've graduated so I'm not doing much else.

Thanks!

I did the two weeks of classroom training during the the last two weeks before my MCAT (even had a training session immediately after the exam). Classroom training is a joke if you have previous health/medical knowledge. However, the intensity of floor training depends on your hospital. Floor training can be very stressful if you are not used to working in a fast-paced environment.

Edit: Don't schedule too many floor training sessions right before your MCAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I did the two weeks of classroom training during the the last two weeks before my MCAT (even had a training session immediately after the exam). Classroom training is a joke if you have previous health/medical knowledge. However, the intensity of floor training depends on your hospital. Floor training can be very stressful if you are not used to working in a fast-paced environment.

Edit: Don't schedule too many floor training sessions right before your MCAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Very helpful, thanks!