How is CUNY, Brooklyn College's premed?

Started by fdgod34
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You prepare yourself for the MCAT....

I agree with this sentiment 100%. I might get flamed for this, but this is my opinion on the matter:

The MCAT only covers very rudimentary topics. It's focus is less on the content mastery (though there is a decent number of discrete questions) and more on reading comprehension and applied science. Since the scope of the material covered is essentially introductory science courses, I believe that the curriculum at most institutions is fairly consistent. Sure there are bad professors (wherever you go to school) but I really doubt that taking intro physics at Columbia or Cornell would help you any more than taking the equivalent at a CUNY. It is more important to learn the material well the first time through (rather than simply do the least possible work for the 4.0) so you know the basics cold for the MCAT.
 
I agree with this sentiment 100%. I might get flamed for this, but this is my opinion on the matter:

The MCAT only covers very rudimentary topics. It's focus is less on the content mastery (though there is a decent number of discrete questions) and more on reading comprehension and applied science. Since the scope of the material covered is essentially introductory science courses, I believe that the curriculum at most institutions is fairly consistent. Sure there are bad professors (wherever you go to school) but I really doubt that taking intro physics at Columbia or Cornell would help you any more than taking the equivalent at a CUNY. It is more important to learn the material well the first time through (rather than simply do the least possible work for the 4.0) so you know the basics cold for the MCAT.

im guessin' hot dogs n' hamburgers...
 
Oh, in that case may I suggest:
- baked ziti with roasted bell peppers, grilled onions, and spicy italian sausage
- a side of greek salad (or antipasto if you prefer)
- a medium roast hazlenut coffee

omg.

i gettin lasagna with antipasta
a side of sausage n peppers
a freakin calzoneee

omggg

NOM NOM NOM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad