How is my diversity essay idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lampbook12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think the way you talked about it make it unique and a good demonstration of your diversity.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) don't bump a thread for being less than an hour long, this is not an instant gratification zone or Twitter, getting replies is a privilege and can take some time, if you can't give it a day, let alone an hour, than you did not put enough forethought in to your secondaries

2) I'm not adcom

3) not bad to me as a concept, needs a little work to not come off as sorta judgey of how things are here that it's not done as it is elsewhere just based on the phrasing of your post here, of course I would expect your essay to be different, just saying if you can do it well I think it's a decent topic

4) adcoms like goro and gygyn usually say diversity prompts are for what makes you " cool" and what you contribute to the class that way, so I dunno what's "best" but this sounds OK

Reactions: 1 user
Indian docs are a dime a dozen...odds are decent your essay will be read by an Indian doc. Write about you, not your culture (your ties to your culture and your experiences relations to it are ok)

I think you should write a diversity statement on patience!!! Now THAT would be an interesting topic to adcoms.

Talk about how you rushed a festival gate. Now that's diversity

Reactions: 1 users