how is NICU? GOOD MONEY OR JUST WORK N WORK

Started by kiddoc20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kiddoc20

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
i have heard mixed things.what about private nicu docs? for example two posts in this forum post two different average income. one said 300k and more for private nicu docs. one said 200k max.i like this branch but i dont want to go in a branch where after all hard work i earn 200k. if anyone know few nicu docs.. how is future and compensation. i have seen people talking about peds card and peds anaesthesia and picu but not many mention nicu with same zeal as far as money is concerned.

thanks
 
kiddoc20 said:
Hi
i have heard mixed things.what about private nicu docs? for example two posts in this forum post two different average income. one said 300k and more for private nicu docs. one said 200k max.i like this branch but i dont want to go in a branch where after all hard work i earn 200k. if anyone know few nicu docs.. how is future and compensation. i have seen people talking about peds card and peds anaesthesia and picu but not many mention nicu with same zeal as far as money is concerned.

thanks

Greetings from Curitiba, Brazil where I and a member of my family are all-expense paid guests of the Brazilians for their once every 5 yr national pediatric meeting (Crianca 2005).

I can`t speak for private nicu docs, but I find the lifestyle of academic nicu docs to be quite adequate. And there are even some occasional perks that do not show up in salary figures.

Regards

OBP
 
HI there,

I left some postings on the subspecialty thread. Hope it helps.

oldbearprofessor said:
Greetings from Curitiba, Brazil where I and a member of my family are all-expense paid guests of the Brazilians for their once every 5 yr national pediatric meeting (Crianca 2005).

I can`t speak for private nicu docs, but I find the lifestyle of academic nicu docs to be quite adequate. And there are even some occasional perks that do not show up in salary figures.

Regards

OBP