How is the Berkeley Review Verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyphool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best. How would you rate berkeley review to kaplan , pR, examcrakers verbal?

Members don't see this ad.

I only am familiar with EK and BR. I would put EK much higher than Berkeley in verbal. Berkeley cleans up in the sciences, though.

UCLAstudent said:
I only am familiar with EK and BR. I would put EK much higher than Berkeley in verbal. Berkeley cleans up in the sciences, though.
I completely agree...Berkeley Review's ONLY weakness I would have to say is thier verbal passages (either EXTREMELY hard or REALLY EASY), but it seems that this is the case with Kaplan too (don't know about princeton review). They do kick ass in every other aspect (trust me on this one).

i freakin love Berkeley review.

oh, and also, don't feel bad if you feel like crap coming out of the exam and thinking you bombed the verbal. I felt like crap and ended up doing okay. Just remember to watch your time, and to always keep moving through all the sections (don't skip a single question).

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought tbr verbal was ridiculously hard. got me down while prepping b/c i was getting 8's or 9's. got a 10 on the real thing.

wxl31 said:
i thought tbr verbal was ridiculously hard. got me down while prepping b/c i was getting 8's or 9's. got a 10 on the real thing.

Yeah, it was hard. I felt like the PASSAGES were good preparation for the MCAT, but not the questions. The MCAT "style" of thinking is just very hard for test-prep companies to replicate, and I think that EK comes the closest to doing it.