How is your One-Credit Bio Lab gradeD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FightingIrish01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering about two things:

1.) How are One credit Lab courses such as Bio Lab incorporated into your overall GPA? Do they just add up all the Gpas from each class and then divide by say 5 (if you are taking 5 courses)? Or does a one credit get factor less than the three credit courses?

2.) How are BIO Lab Grades usually graded as for being an A? What is basically the range for an A and A-? Any Notre Damers out there who can pitch in---that would be great..

Take care

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

1.) How are One credit Lab courses such as Bio Lab incorporated into your overall GPA? Do they just add up all the Gpas from each class and then divide by say 5 (if you are taking 5 courses)? Or does a one credit get factor less than the three credit courses?

2.) How are BIO Lab Grades usually graded as for being an A? What is basically the range for an A and A-? Any Notre Damers out there who can pitch in---that would be great..

Take care

sorry for being off topic here but i couldnt resist!

GO BLUE, GO BLUE, GO MICHIGAN!

Hey guys,

Take care

At my school, labs are graded less than a 3-4 credit course. So 4 A's in 4 labs is equiv. to a "full" A.

Ranges are typically as follows:

95-100 - A
94-90 - A-
89-87 - B+
86-83 - B
82-80 - B-
79-77 - C+
76-73 - C
72-70 - C-
69-67 - D+
66-63 - D
62-60 - D-
59-0 - F

Also, if you fail a lab you automatically fail the course component as well. Administrators got tired of people Aceing the class and not showing up for labs so they instituted that rule.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are you saying for example, would you calculate your gpa like this

Assume the on credit lab course counts like like only 25% of a full A and you are taking 5 other courses..can you add up all your 5 full course GPAs plus (.25)(3.6) say you got a 3.6 on the lab and then divide all those numbers by 5.25 assuming you are giving only.25 credit worth of a full grade?

Does that work?

Man I am bummed out with my 87 so far in the lab, gotta push it to the limit.

So are you saying for example, would you calculate your gpa like this

Assume the on credit lab course counts like like only 25% of a full A and you are taking 5 other courses..can you add up all your 5 full course GPAs plus (.25)(3.6) say you got a 3.6 on the lab and then divide all those numbers by 5.25 assuming you are giving only.25 credit worth of a full grade?

Does that work?
Not quite - this will explain how to do it:

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/conversionguide2006.pdf