How late is too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GOGREEN4250

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be taking 10 credits this summer and I was wondering if it would be wise to wait to apply in mid-August? I have an upward trend in my GPA and if I were to get 4.0's in all of my summer courses I could bring my GPA up from a 3.14 to a 3.23. I intend on applying to DO schools and I am wondering how detrimental it will be for me to apply in mid-to-late August. Thanks Guys!
 
I will be taking 10 credits this summer and I was wondering if it would be wise to wait to apply in mid-August? I have an upward trend in my GPA and if I were to get 4.0's in all of my summer courses I could bring my GPA up from a 3.14 to a 3.23. I intend on applying to DO schools and I am wondering how detrimental it will be for me to apply in mid-to-late August. Thanks Guys!
From what I've seen, the DO cycle goes much later than MD. For DO, you won't be late if you apply even in October or November whereas for MD anything after Labor Day in September (fully verified) would be late.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Faha If I am able to get to that 3.23 GPA and I currently have a 508 MCAT score what medical schools do you suggest applying to? I am a Michigan Resident