How late is too late to be complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReachingTruth

My Future Rests on Hope
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any idea what my friend's chances are if he/she completed late (mid to late January) at an osteopathic school? (For argument's sake let's say my friend applied to a few of them but is particularly interested in his in-state DO school, CCOM.)

(Yes, the friend part is a joke)

Members don't see this ad.

ha! i'm glad to hear someone telling it how it is!

some schools have a fast turn around, within a few weeks. i'm not really sure tho, just thought your post was funny. lots of luck. why'd you apply so late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea what my friend's chances are if he/she completed late (mid to late January) at an osteopathic school? (For argument's sake let's say my friend applied to a few of them but is particularly interested in his in-state DO school, CCOM.)

(Yes, the friend part is a joke)
In my opinion, you picked the worst school to apply late to. CCOM has been nothing but insanely, mind numbingly slow and I was complete in October. Also, they haven't been real helpful when I've contacted them.

I agree with the above. Everytime I call I get the run around.

They must be the slowest school there is. I haven't heard a single word from them. Fortunately, I don't care that much. Nice affiliation with Cook County Hospital, though. *shrug*

I really think it depends. On what? Who the hell knows?:confused:

I'm in state. I was complete mid Oct, interview invite beginning of Nov, interview beginning of Dec, and acceptance before x-mas.

Methinks the allopathic world gave him no love.

In short, yes. MD interviews, but no acceptances yet.

ha! i'm glad to hear someone telling it how it is!

some schools have a fast turn around, within a few weeks. i'm not really sure tho, just thought your post was funny. lots of luck. why'd you apply so late?

Glad you liked it and thanks for the luck.

I really think it depends. On what? Who the hell knows?:confused:

I'm in state. I was complete mid Oct, interview invite beginning of Nov, interview beginning of Dec, and acceptance before x-mas.

Congrats on the acceptance. And if any one knew what the secret formula to get in was, they'd be billionaires.

Thanks!

If you don't mind answering, which Chicago schools did you interview at?

I was complete in the end of October...CCOM was quick......to reject me:(