How late is too late to submit secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dagni

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is taking me a lot longer than I anticipated to write essays/get secondaries in.... I made a list by priority of secondaries that need to be submitted, but while I intended to get them all in before the end of July, I am thinking it will be more like the end of August. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but is late August too late to still be submitting secondaries? Do you think that will hurt my chances, should I rather rush a bit and get them in sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

Technically too late is after the school's deadline. However, everyone normally advises to turn in secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving them. As for me, I've received secondaries without a verified application, leaving me waiting for AAMC to give me my GPA calculations. The 2 weeks wouldn't have been possible for me. I think you should submit them as soon as reasonably possible.

Technically too late is after the school's deadline. However, everyone normally advises to turn in secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving them. As for me, I've received secondaries without a verified application, leaving me waiting for AAMC to give me my GPA calculations. The 2 weeks wouldn't have been possible for me. I think you should submit them as soon as reasonably possible.

Just because your AMCAS isn't verified doesn't mean you can't submit the secondaries that you have received. Those schools will simply file your secondary then add your primary once they receive your verified application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have the GPAs to put in and it won't be submitted without.