How likely is it I passed PE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjagan1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone in my group (May 3rd) struggled with their early patients a lot and soap notes. However, the rest of the patients were mostly fine. There was a student saying he failed every H and P session during his first two years and had to remediate patient encounters. Compared to that student in my group, I was much more fortunate. I have had some challenges with a few H and P sessions during my first two years. Timing was a challenge at times during my h and ps. But nothing grave.
I was thrown off by first patient but I felt I did my best and I did not feel it was a total disaster.

Overall I felt I did fine in humanistics and did my best on my soap notes even if I felt time and typing was a challenge. There might have been one or two awkward encounters with forgetting to drape early or handwashing. However, I caught myself if I did and I fixed my mistakes.

I don't think any major disaster happened. I felt confident I did what I needed to do. I treated the patients as if they were real-every day people I have a conversation with. I always told them what I was doing and why. I always respected their comfort when doing physical exams and asked permission for touching and helping them with position changes.

I always asked if they had questions or concerns at the end after explaining my diagnosis and treatment. I always did OMT where needed and explained what the purpose was.

My physical exams were not always perfect but I felt I did enough and did not do more than what was necessary. My only concern was that did I absolutely have to re-check every BP above 140/90, even if we were told to check as accurate? On a couple, I said I would recheck it at the end if there was time. I actually did not follow up because I thought it was good enough to just "say I would do it" and that we were not obligated to check it.

I definitely could count 9 out of 12 that were ones I felt confident in.

What about you? Did you pass even when you were anxious and thought you had failed patient encounters?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I left every single encounter with 3-4 minutes left and passed some how. youre good.

Reactions: 1 user