1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

how long after fee does mayo interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by princessSMT, Dec 11, 2001.

1. princessSMT

princessSMT Member
    7+ Year Member

hi everyone:)

i sent in my check to mayo in the middle of november (i took the august MCAT).

how long does it take to hear back from them? and will i still have to do the preliminary phone interview??

thanks for the info!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I sent my check to Mayo on September 23. I heard back today about a phone interview. I took the April MCAT.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

princess - I also took the August MCAT. I sent my check in to Mayo on 9/24, they cashed it 10/9, and I didn't hear from them about the phone interview until 11/19. Not everyone who sends them the money gets a phone interview, which is kind of like their secondary. They apparently phone interview about 15% of their applicants. Of those 15%, 20% are invited for on-site interviews. Good luck.

mpp - CONGRATS!!! :D Way to go! :)

5. They don't.

For the $60 (if I remember right) I got a letter in the mail saying

"You suck. Don't ever apply here again. You think you want to be a doctor. I doubt any school would take your sorry ass. Sincerely, Mayo School of Medicine Admissions Committee." ;) ;) ;)