Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

how long after fee does mayo interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by princessSMT, Dec 11, 2001.

1. princessSMT

princessSMT Member
    7+ Year Member

hi everyone:)

i sent in my check to mayo in the middle of november (i took the august MCAT).

how long does it take to hear back from them? and will i still have to do the preliminary phone interview??

thanks for the info!

2. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I sent my check to Mayo on September 23. I heard back today about a phone interview. I took the April MCAT.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

princess - I also took the August MCAT. I sent my check in to Mayo on 9/24, they cashed it 10/9, and I didn't hear from them about the phone interview until 11/19. Not everyone who sends them the money gets a phone interview, which is kind of like their secondary. They apparently phone interview about 15% of their applicants. Of those 15%, 20% are invited for on-site interviews. Good luck.

mpp - CONGRATS!!! :D Way to go! :)

4. They don't.

For the $60 (if I remember right) I got a letter in the mail saying

"You suck. Don't ever apply here again. You think you want to be a doctor. I doubt any school would take your sorry ass. Sincerely, Mayo School of Medicine Admissions Committee." ;) ;) ;)