How long after interview did you get rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgirlasn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know how long it can take for a rejection letter? one week? two week or forever? I need to decide soon if I should travel far to go on other interviews..
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You should ask about the specific school. There is a huge range of times for all schools.

For UB, you find out the next week. I found out within 3 days.

for LECOM - I'm still waiting on an acceptance and will be waiting another month because they give a range of 30 to 60 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion, I think you have to do really bad on your interview to get rejected right away. Otherwise, you will most likely be put on the waitlist or on hold. Your number on the waitlist however, will most likely be unknown, it could be high, it could be low. Most schools don't tell you where you stand because they don't want you to feel bad. For example, What if you are the 26th person on the waitlist and they have 25 seats available and you didn't make it?:( It would suck real bad, right? Confidence killer:D

Each school will only have so many people on the waitlist so after all the interviews and everything is done at the end, they will reconsider the people on the waitlist. By that time, they will notify people to see whether they are accepted, waitlist or rejected. I hope this clarify a bit about this whole process for you.
Good Luck everyone!:love:

With multiple interviews going on at the same time by different group of interviewers how do they pick who gets in or who is on the waiting list? One set of interviewers may be easier than another so it is just the luck of the draw I guess but how do they each correlate with each other to know who to let in? Especially since 8 or so students are interviewed every hour. Thanks