How Long After Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JordanP

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone-

I am just curious... Lets do a survey on how long after an interview to a school, and to which school, did it take to hear some sort of answer from them...

I have an interview at Shenandoah on the 14th.

Members don't see this ad.

JordanP said:
Hey Everyone-

I am just curious... Lets do a survey on how long after an interview to a school, and to which school, did it take to hear some sort of answer from them...

I have an interview at Shenandoah on the 14th.

Hi Jordan,

Good luck on your upcoming interview. :) When I interviewed last December, it was exactly two weeks after when I received my acceptance by e-mail. For some that interviewed in January, the turn around time was a few days. Hope this helps!

Schools with non-rolling admissions tend to make you wait fairly long after the interview, since they usually notify all applicants at once. Those with rolling admissions let you know pretty quickly after the interview if you are in or out, and tend to make you wait awhile longer if they classify you as a "maybe".

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that UNC's turnaround after the interview is pretty good, like a week or two, unless they have to wait on your PCAT. That seems to be the case with most schools in this area.

It's just waiting to get the interview offer that sucks.

b*rizzle said:
I heard that UNC's turnaround after the interview is pretty good, like a week or two, unless they have to wait on your PCAT. That seems to be the case with most schools in this area.

It's just waiting to get the interview offer that sucks.

Do they do interviews for applicants that do not have their PCAT done yet?

starsweet said:
Do they do interviews for applicants that do not have their PCAT done yet?

All I know is that they won't make a decision on you until they've got test scores in hand. Everyone I know that took the PCAT with me last fall interviewed in January. I know of a handful of folks that interviewed in the fall and found out by mid-December, but they'd already taken their PCAT when they applied. If you got your stuff in as early as you did, I wouldn't think there's any reason to make you wait for an interview if your stats are good.

My roommate told me it's just a matter of how fast they get thru paperwork, which doesn't seem to be very quickly.

I finally got an email telling me my file was complete, by the way. :D This past Friday.

JordanP, congrats on the interview! :)