How Long Before Charges Processed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jamier2

SDN Hillbilly Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who submitted your AMCAS application and paid by credit card, how long did it take for AMCAS to charge your card? I submitted mine on July 16, and have not been charged yet. :confused:

Maybe I've fallen through the cracks and my application will be free? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Hate to say it Jamier, but I was charged the day after I submitted - you might want to call AMCAS (although I think I would rather throw myself off a very tall building than do that)...

Jamie--It only took AMCAS 2 or 3 days to charge my credit card, but if the print out says you've submitted and certified, I wouldn't worry too much. On the other hand, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that you fell through the cracks, I'd be weary of which crack it was that you fell through (and where that crack led, for that matter). Looks like you might need to make an unanswered email to AMCAS. Congrats!! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I payed by check and it took them weeks to cash it, but they finally did. I heard credit cards get charged immediately, I would suggest calling....which sucks because its like talking to a bunch of pre-schoolers there.

you know what's kind of funny? Have you ever noticed that no matter how bad and unorganized a business is, they always seem to get one thing right . . . getting the money you owe them.

loool

jepheboy that was really funnny and how true!!!

Jamier,
Mine has not been charged either....I think I will call them tomorrow to at least find out if there has been a problem.

Shannon

Hey Jamie-

I checked on my credit card charge yesterday after reading your email. I submitted on the night of the 15th the card was charged on the 16th and posted to my account on the 17th.

BTW immediately after I submitted I got a full screen of info showing that my card had been submitted/approved and transaction numbers and the like. Did you get anything like that? I saved mine to a file just in case.

Also BTW I had trouble getting the fine folks at Visa to tell me the charge was there:

"No, nothing from A-M-C-A-S around the 15th for $780." (lump in my throat here)

"Are you sure? No charges in the first three weeks of July between $700-800?"

"Well let me look at your July statement.
(what was she looking at before?) Here's one on the 16th for $780 to 'American Medical College something'."

"Ok, thank you."

Man I think Visa's hiring the people who got fired from AMCAS!!!

Hope this helps and good luck (to us all!).

You asked....

Spang

Well, this is disheartening. I am starting to wonder which crack I fell through, as someone stated earlier. I'm going to call my credit card company again today, then as a last resort, call AMCAS (please no).

Thanks everyone.

Well, this is just great. I checked my application again, and lo and behold, the certification and transmit button was unchecked. I went through the steps again, (it didn't ask for my credit card info this time) and it gave me the "have a nice day" screen, just like it did the first time. I guess it didn't go through the first time, but the dates were on the print out. :confused:

hey, i'm pretty sure the certification/transmission button is _always_ unchecked, even after you submit the app. the best way to check if you really submitted is to try to modify your essays. you shouldn't be able to. you should get a little window that says "nice try, but you already submitted, so it's too late to change your essay" (or something like that!) hope that helps.

More good news: I just went back to check my print-out for a new cert/submit date, and the box was unchecked again. Man, trying to figure this out is killing me. :mad:

I posted this before I read synite's reply, and yes, I do get the message when attempting to alter my essays, so maybe it's not screwed up after all. I'm hoping so.

Yeah, my credit card was charged the next day also. sorry

later

Still no charges. I'm going to have to call those S.O.B.s again. Did I actually think I might make it through this process unscathed? :mad:

hey jamier2,
i am in the same boat, i did call amcas . . . and the lady told me that my application was submitted on the 24th of july, but my credit card still has not been charged. not that this helps, but at least you have somebody to commiserate with . . . :D