1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How Long Before Charges Processed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jamier2, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

For all of you who submitted your AMCAS application and paid by credit card, how long did it take for AMCAS to charge your card? I submitted mine on July 16, and have not been charged yet. :confused:

Maybe I've fallen through the cracks and my application will be free? ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hate to say it Jamier, but I was charged the day after I submitted - you might want to call AMCAS (although I think I would rather throw myself off a very tall building than do that)...

4. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Jamie--It only took AMCAS 2 or 3 days to charge my credit card, but if the print out says you've submitted and certified, I wouldn't worry too much. On the other hand, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that you fell through the cracks, I'd be weary of which crack it was that you fell through (and where that crack led, for that matter). Looks like you might need to make an unanswered email to AMCAS. Congrats!! :rolleyes:

5. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

I payed by check and it took them weeks to cash it, but they finally did. I heard credit cards get charged immediately, I would suggest calling....which sucks because its like talking to a bunch of pre-schoolers there.

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My credit card was charged the same day I submitted. There was no delay. :eek:

7. jephyboy

jephyboy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

you know what's kind of funny? Have you ever noticed that no matter how bad and unorganized a business is, they always seem to get one thing right . . . getting the money you owe them.

8. MoeDaMan

MoeDaMan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

loool

jepheboy that was really funnny and how true!!!

9. Badgerbabe

Badgerbabe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Jamier,
    Mine has not been charged either....I think I will call them tomorrow to at least find out if there has been a problem.

Shannon

10. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Hey Jamie-

I checked on my credit card charge yesterday after reading your email. I submitted on the night of the 15th the card was charged on the 16th and posted to my account on the 17th.

BTW immediately after I submitted I got a full screen of info showing that my card had been submitted/approved and transaction numbers and the like. Did you get anything like that? I saved mine to a file just in case.

Also BTW I had trouble getting the fine folks at Visa to tell me the charge was there:

"No, nothing from A-M-C-A-S around the 15th for $780." (lump in my throat here)

"Are you sure? No charges in the first three weeks of July between $700-800?"

"Well let me look at your July statement.
    (what was she looking at before?) Here's one on the 16th for $780 to 'American Medical College something'."

"Ok, thank you."

Man I think Visa's hiring the people who got fired from AMCAS!!!

Hope this helps and good luck (to us all!).

You asked....

Spang

11. Jamier2

Well, this is disheartening. I am starting to wonder which crack I fell through, as someone stated earlier. I'm going to call my credit card company again today, then as a last resort, call AMCAS (please no).

Thanks everyone.

12. Jamier2

Well, this is just great. I checked my application again, and lo and behold, the certification and transmit button was unchecked. I went through the steps again, (it didn't ask for my credit card info this time) and it gave me the "have a nice day" screen, just like it did the first time. I guess it didn't go through the first time, but the dates were on the print out. :confused:

13. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey, i'm pretty sure the certification/transmission button is _always_ unchecked, even after you submit the app. the best way to check if you really submitted is to try to modify your essays. you shouldn't be able to. you should get a little window that says "nice try, but you already submitted, so it's too late to change your essay" (or something like that!) hope that helps.

14. Jamier2

More good news: I just went back to check my print-out for a new cert/submit date, and the box was unchecked again. Man, trying to figure this out is killing me. :mad:

I posted this before I read synite's reply, and yes, I do get the message when attempting to alter my essays, so maybe it's not screwed up after all. I'm hoping so.

15. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, my credit card was charged the next day also. sorry

later

16. Jamier2

Still no charges. I'm going to have to call those S.O.B.s again. Did I actually think I might make it through this process unscathed? :mad:

17. jdub

jdub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey jamier2,
    i am in the same boat, i did call amcas . . . and the lady told me that my application was submitted on the 24th of july, but my credit card still has not been charged. not that this helps, but at least you have somebody to commiserate with . . . :D

18. Jamier2

Thanks, it is of some consolation. :)