How long did you study for the MCAT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smallpenismike

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did you study for the MCAT ? How many hours ? How often each week ? Do you wish you would have studied more ? less ? I talked to a couple of med students that put about 5 hours a week into studying for the MCAT over a period of two years. They both did very well. I talked to abother guy who studied for 3 months straight and went from a 18 on his first attempt to a 35 on his last. I would appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

smallpenismike said:
How long did you study for the MCAT ? How many hours ? How often each week ? Do you wish you would have studied more ? less ? I talked to a couple of med students that put about 5 hours a week into studying for the MCAT over a period of two years. They both did very well. I talked to abother guy who studied for 3 months straight and went from a 18 on his first attempt to a 35 on his last. I would appreciate any advice.

How much you have to study is so variable from person to person. It's just like any test you'd take in college. Some people will study barely at all and ace it while others will spend a lot more time studying and more or may not do well. It comes down to deciding whether you think you need to study a lot. Take some practice tests and base your decision on seeing how far you think you need to progress in your score. I personally studied during the summer for a few hours each day and took the August MCAT.

smallpenismike said:

I planned to take the summer to study for the august MCAT (2 months) but then end up studying no more than 2 hrs a week,... total no more than 20 hrs total.. stuff just come up that I had to prioritize over studying (no.. not stupid stuff).. end up taking the test anyway because I was performing fairly well on the practice exam.. but.. actual mcat didn't turn out as well as I expected.. i really don't know what happened

Members don't see this ad :)
small cock, it depends on how your scoring to start with.

I was always upset at myself for "not studying enough". As it turns out I did really well. Just open the books and study what you can. There's no set amount that is right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.