1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How Long Does it take to Develop a Caffeine Tolerance?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by SuperSneaky24, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. SuperSneaky24

SuperSneaky24

Pre-Medical
    If I drink a cup of coffee everyday, will tolerance develop in a month? Just curious. I'm taking the MCAT in a month, and want to make sure caffeine has as a good effect on me (especially the verbal section, which I noticed caffeine helps a lot with my focus).

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Sammy1024

Sammy1024

Probably. It takes 2 weeks to build a habit so I would expect roughly the same for a tolerance.

4. ronnicus

ronnicus 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Well if you want to make sure you don't develop a tolerance why don't you hold off on caffeine until your MCAT?

5. SuperSneaky24

SuperSneaky24

Pre-Medical
    Helps me focus, specially on the FL practice exams. I might just drink it every other day so I can resist the tolerance a lil better

6. bambam92

bambam92 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    LOL caffeine tolerance?! Its like you are talking about amphetamines, this would blend better with developing a tolerance. Just drink it everyday, plenty of people do and it still keeps working. Kills me all the people on sdn talk about caffeine like they are blowing lines of cocaine, its just caffeine--one of the softest stimulants out. Pretty amateur. Relax.:confused:

Czarcasm likes this.

About the ads