How long does it take to get AOBIM score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scguy16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It’s been 5 maddening weeks now. What have others experienced in the past?

It seems unethical (cruel?) to keep someone waiting this long for the result of such a high-stakes exam. I don’t understand what’s so time-consuming about the grading an electronic multiple choice test. COMLEX did not take this long.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them yesterday. ~60 days after taking the exam

I emailed them yesterday. ~60 days after taking the exam

Absolutely outrageous. How do they sleep at night, knowing that we are waiting so long for what should be such a simple decision. If I don’t pass this time, I’m going back to ABIM next year. Both tests seem to suck equally, but at least ABIM doesn’t make you wait this long before the torture is over. AOBIM has already stressed me out enough this season with the last minute schedule changes and glitchy home proctoring software. Unacceptable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely outrageous. How do they sleep at night, knowing that we are waiting so long for what should be such a simple decision. If I don’t pass this time, I’m going back to ABIM next year. Both tests seem to suck equally, but at least ABIM doesn’t make you wait this long before the torture is over. AOBIM has already stressed me out enough this season with the last minute schedule changes and glitchy home proctoring software. Unacceptable.
Lol...ABIM is in august and it can be anywhere from late October to early December before scores are released!
this years ABIM scores just came out this week.

Lol...ABIM is in august and it can be anywhere from late October to early December before scores are released!
this years ABIM scores just came out this week.
I just don’t understand why these things take so long. We pay considerable sums of money which should be more than sufficient to support the compensation necessary for a reasonably fast review of results. The test is only administered on a few dates, so it’s not like they have to wait for more people to take it.

If they are going to be in the business of crushing people’s hopes and dreams when they are inches from the finish line, it would be nice if they could at least do it with a decent turnaround time.

I just don’t understand why these things take so long. We pay considerable sums of money which should be more than sufficient to support the compensation necessary for a reasonably fast review of results. The test is only administered on a few dates, so it’s not like they have to wait for more people to take it.

If they are going to be in the business of crushing people’s hopes and dreams when they are inches from the finish line, it would be nice if they could at least do it with a decent turnaround time.
Well...who knows...but I’d rather they be sure and not send an email saying oops! You didn’t pass after all!

Still waiting for this stupid result! Hope we get it soon and we all pass

they said 60 days before, now I asked again they said90 days

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting for this stupid result! Hope we get it soon and we all pass

they said 60 days before, now I asked again they said90 days

I hate this process. So. Much.

Still nothing, it’s crazy!

where do we even check for our results?

Glad I found this thread! I have been going crazy for the past 65 days (took AOBIM 9/10/2020). Happy I'm not the only one frustrated results are still not out. Has anyone here taken this exam before? If so, have the results taken this long other years? Like someone mentioned above, ABIM came out a month ago!! Crazy!

Called them today. They said that they will release the scores in 1-2 weeks for initial certification

I was also told 1-2 weeks in an email yesterday.

Maybe they had to conduct a hand recount of all the correct answers :'-)

Scores up! Finally. PASSED. Hope it worked out for everyone else!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m done complaining and I take back everything I said earlier. This was SO worth the wait! PASSED!!!

Reactions: 1 users