How long to respond to acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ehwic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a curiosity, when you get an acceptance from a DO school, how long do you have to respond back whether you will be attending or not?

I've heard that schools only give you a 2-week response time period and this was a consideration as I am applying for both DO and MD schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on when you're accepted. I don't remember the exact dates but I think you get until December 14th if you're accepted before November and then it goes down from there. If you're accepted in May I believe they can ask for a deposit within 24 hours. I don't remember the exact dates but maybe someone else can fill in.

This differs from school2school as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Usually it's two weeks unless you want to put down your deposit and withdraw later and forfeit that money. A lot of people do this which IMO is really rotten when there are folks on the wait list who really want to go there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm going to assume 2-weeks just to be safe then.

I haven't submitted my primary AAMCOAS app yet, but when would it be considered "late" to submit my primary app?

Check the CIB-school specific pages. Each school has a section detailing how much time you have depending on when you were offered the acceptance.