Ehwic

5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2012
Status
Just a curiosity, when you get an acceptance from a DO school, how long do you have to respond back whether you will be attending or not?

I've heard that schools only give you a 2-week response time period and this was a consideration as I am applying for both DO and MD schools.

Apr 26, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Depends on when you're accepted. I don't remember the exact dates but I think you get until December 14th if you're accepted before November and then it goes down from there. If you're accepted in May I believe they can ask for a deposit within 24 hours. I don't remember the exact dates but maybe someone else can fill in.

This differs from school2school as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Usually it's two weeks unless you want to put down your deposit and withdraw later and forfeit that money. A lot of people do this which IMO is really rotten when there are folks on the wait list who really want to go there.

OP
E

Ehwic

5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2012
Status
Well I'm going to assume 2-weeks just to be safe then.

I haven't submitted my primary AAMCOAS app yet, but when would it be considered "late" to submit my primary app?

Espressso

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
blood-brain barrier
Status
Medical Student
Check the CIB-school specific pages. Each school has a section detailing how much time you have depending on when you were offered the acceptance.