How long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcpe0d

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it takes to receive secondaries after your AACOMAS has been sent out and then how long before you are contacted for interviews after your secondaries have been completed?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends.

When you completed your primary. Which schools. How busy the schools are. In-state or out-of-state residence.

Typically 2 weeks to 2 months is average...or at least this was the case for the 8 schools that sent them to me.

Also depends on how good you are. A 41 MCAT will probably garner more attention than a 23.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well......

I sent in my AACOMAS in the middle of October.......It was complete and verified in the beginning of November......
I applied to seven schools..... MSU....OC...Western/COMP...CCOM..PCOM...OSU...and NYCOM

I received secondaries from all of them by the third week of November.....

I have my first interview on Thurs. at Western/COMP and I just received another request for an interview today at CCOM :clap:

and just to give everyone hope...... No my stats are not stellar....my numbers are avg....but my EC's and work exp. are way above avg. I also have been told from my pre med advisor that my LOR's are the best she has ever seen........ So don't underestimate any part of your app.

oops....i wrote "OC" instead of OU