How long?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dcpe0d, Dec 2, 2002.

1. dcpe0d

dcpe0d New Member

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it takes to receive secondaries after your AACOMAS has been sent out and then how long before you are contacted for interviews after your secondaries have been completed?
    Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    Depends.

When you completed your primary. Which schools. How busy the schools are. In-state or out-of-state residence.

Typically 2 weeks to 2 months is average...or at least this was the case for the 8 schools that sent them to me.

4. eschauberger

eschauberger Some Guy

Also depends on how good you are. A 41 MCAT will probably garner more attention than a 23.

5. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1

Well......

I sent in my AACOMAS in the middle of October.......It was complete and verified in the beginning of November......
    I applied to seven schools..... MSU....OC...Western/COMP...CCOM..PCOM...OSU...and NYCOM

I received secondaries from all of them by the third week of November.....

I have my first interview on Thurs. at Western/COMP and I just received another request for an interview today at CCOM :clap:

and just to give everyone hope...... No my stats are not stellar....my numbers are avg....but my EC's and work exp. are way above avg. I also have been told from my pre med advisor that my LOR's are the best she has ever seen........ So don't underestimate any part of your app.

6. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1

oops....i wrote "OC" instead of OU