How many classes as an M1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sandy4321

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming medical student working on a scholarship application that asks about how many courses I will be taking as an M1. Can someone help me out with the average number of courses M1s take? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should look up your school, and how many credits or classes you will take during m1. This varies by school and corriculum and how everything is set up, it may just be one class worth a lot of credits or may be multiple classes.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s a minimum of 9 hours, I had to answer it for a scholarship application as well, I ended up going on the schools main website and looking under the registrars page for graduate/professional students.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s a minimum of 9 hours, I had to answer it for a scholarship application as well, I ended up going on the schools main website and looking under the registrars page for graduate/professional students.
9 hrs is just the bare minimum for qualifying as full time *for financial aid* at the graduate level. Same number is used for Masters or other graduate programs. Just like 12 hrs was 'full time' for UG.

The actual number of credit hours will vary by school, but at mine we do somewhere in the 55-70 credit hr/yr range. We have quarters, so it's around 20 credit hours per quarter.